Home fires and disasters can occur any time, any place. Become a trained Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteer where you will respond to the scene of the disaster to provide:
- emotional support,
- financial assistance,
- and information to help families begin the process of recovery.
Interested in becoming a Disaster Action Team volunteer for our community? This training will kick-start your journey as a Red Cross Volunteer and turn your compassion into action!
Disaster Action Team Boot Camp
Saturday, October 23, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Several options to participate: 2 in-person locations and 1 virtual session. In person session will be held with masks, social distancing and safety precautions.
1405 SW Greenville Boulevard
Greenville, North Carolina
301 S. Church Street
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
via Microsoft Teams
- Learn the role and values for engaging with disaster clients, first responders, and the public
- Understand functions of the DAT and expectations for volunteers on a response
- Discover roles a DAT volunteer may perform on a large-scale disaster response
- Learn casework and recovery planning processes and the system used
- Learn how direct client assistance is issued and how referrals are made to community partners
- Complete a simulation drill, practicing the skills learned during the sessions
Register by Thursday, October 21, 2021 at American Red Cross Volunteer Connection.
For questions please email Elizabeth Grant at the Red Cross.