Solid Waste Permit Decal
Effective January 1, 2021, county residents must have a solid waste permit decal displayed on their vehicle’s windshield when utilizing all county convenience centers.
Citizens will receive their decals when they receive their property tax bill in late September. Two (2) decals are included in the mailing of each property tax bill from the Currituck County Tax Office.
The purpose behind the permit program is to help ensure that only Currituck County residents are disposing of wastes at the convenience sites. Financially, the county incurs a cost for the transport of solid wastes. This program will help prevent non-resident and commercial users from driving up that cost by illegally using the convenience centers.
- Decals should be applied to the inside of the vehicle’s windshield in the lower corner on the driver’s side. The decal is not a sticker, but a static cling that will not leave adhesive residue on the windshield.
- Residents may apply for additional permits.
- Renters with a valid lease should need to apply for permit if they have not received them from the property owner.
Request additional permits by:
Questions & Answers
- Do I need to get a decal for each of my vehicles?
No. Since the decals is a cling you can move them from one vehicle to another. Just make sure to place the decal in your driver’s side windshield.
- How many decals will the County mail to me?
Two (2) per residence.
- How can I get additional decals?
Contact Public Works by calling, emailing or fill out the form.
- How do I get a decal if I am a renter?
Contact you landlord or present a copy of your lease to Public Works.
- What if I do not have my decal with me when I go to a Currituck County Convenience Center?
You just need to present your driver licenses with a county address to the attendant.
- What if I use my work truck to drop off trash?
As long as you are only dropping off your house hold trash just present your decal.
- I work for a county resident and take their trash to the Convenience Center, what do I need to do?
Take one of the decals sent to the property owner with you to the Convenience Center.
- My tax bill goes directly to my mortgage company, how will I get my permits?
The Tax Department sends all residence a copy of their tax bill, your permits will be with the copy sent to you.