Currituck Citizen’s Academy
UPDATE – March 2, 2022: The class roster is now full for the 2022 Citizens Academy. Please check back for information on upcoming Citizen Academy courses. Thank you for your interest!
The Citizen’s Academy provides an opportunity for individuals to learn about county government. It will provide a closer look at the functions of various departments and the management of the county. Each class session will focus on specific departments and sessions will be held at various county facilities to provide a look at the different work spaces, technology, and equipment used by staff. Sessions will include more than one department, based in the same facility or at neighboring buildings.
The Citizen’s Academy is free and the class size will be limited to 15 participants. The proposed class schedule is as follows:
- April 7: Administration, Budget, and Facilities – meet at Historic Courthouse
- April 14: Planning and Inspections – at Historic Courthouse
- April 21: Elections and Social Services – split time at Board of Elections and Social Services Building
- April 28: Utilities, Engineering, and Airport – split time at Mainland Water Plant and Airport Terminal
- May 5: Register of Deeds, Tax, and GIS – at Currituck Judicial Center
- May 12: Senior Center and Parks & Recreation – at Currituck Senior Center
- May 19: Animal Shelter and Cooperative Extension – split time at Shelter and Extension buildings
- May 26: Tourism and Economic Development – at Maritime Museum in Historic Corolla Park
- June 2: Sheriff, EMS, Emergency Management – at Public Safety Center
- June 9: Final group activity on planning a county budget – at Historic Courthouse
If you have any questions, please contact Randall Edwards, Public Information Officer, at 252-232-0719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.