Parks & Recreation
Currituck County Parks and Recreation Department (CCPRD) welcomes everyone to use our County recreational facilities as resources for:
- and recreational uses.
Currituck County recreational facilities accommodate a wide variety of activities varying from indoor meeting and conference rooms to noisy playgrounds and athletic fields.
At times an individual or group’s conduct may become:
- compromises safety,
- damages/destroys property,
- or is otherwise incompatible
with the intended use of a facility and prevents others from enjoying the use of that facility.
Therefore we find it necessary that everyone who uses County recreational facilities follow our Park & Recreation Department Discipline Policy in order to:
- Afford appropriate respect for other visitors and staff
- Provide an appropriate level of maintenance and safety
- Ensure public access and use of facilities by everyone
- Facilitate success in programming
As you enjoy Currituck County’s many park and programs, please help us make it an enjoyable experience for all by following our Discipline Policy.
Code of Conduct for Parents
As a parent of a child participating in an athletic program with the Currituck County Parks and Recreation Department I agree to abide by the following rules of conduct while my child is participating, be it in game play or during practices. I understand that failure to follow these rules may result in loss of privileges to watch my child’s participation.
- I will teach my child that honest effort is as important as victory so that the result of each game is accepted without too much disappointment.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays by our team as well as the opposing team.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules.
- I will try to help my child understand that his/her overall development, improvement, social interaction, and good sportsmanship are more
important than winning or losing ball games.
- I will never ridicule nor yell at my child or another child for making a mistake or losing ball games.
- I will not publicly question the official’s judgement and never their honesty.
- Under no circumstance will I enter the field/court of play.
- I will recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches. I will talk to the coach privately.
- I will strive to support my child’s involvement in sports and to maintain realistic expectations about this involvement.
- I will not make negative comments to players, parents, officials, or coaches of either team.
- I will remember that I am a youth sport parent and that the game is for the children, not the adults.