2019 Second Primary Elections Early Voting Schedule
One-Stop early voting begins on Wednesday, June 19 and continues until Friday, July 5, 2019.
Monday – Friday’s
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 4, 2019
Board of Elections offices CLOSED
One-Stop Early Voting (also known as “absentee voting”) allows Currituck County registered voters an opportunity to vote when it best suits individual schedules by allowing you to cast an absentee ballot in person on select days prior to Election Day.
One-stop voting begins on the 3rd Wednesday prior to Election Day and ends on the last Friday before Election Day. Unlike on Election Day, when registered voters can only vote at their specific precinct and date, one-stop voting allows registered voters to vote at the Currituck County Board of Elections office during scheduled times.
During One-Stop Early Voting voters may update their address and change vital information in an existing registration record at the One Stop Site, but they are not allowed to change their party affiliation.
However, Currituck County residents who are not already registered can register to vote and vote in the same day at One-Stop Early Voting, as long as they will be:
- 18 years old by Election Day
- have lived in Currituck County for at least 30 days
- and can provide proof of identity and residence.
For more important dates, sample ballots and important information check our 2019 Election Information section for call 252-232-2525.
One-Stop Absentee Voting Policy
Highlights of the policy are:
- Each candidate will be limited to 2 political yard signs, plus 1 hand-held sign
- Buffer zone is to be 50 feet from the entrance of the Board of Elections building
- Political yard signs and campaigners will be on the south side of the entrance outside of the buffer zone in the grassy area