After a very long wait, the Currituck Senior Center reopened on, Monday, March 22. The facility had been closed for more than a year due to the COVID pandemic.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work towards full reinstatement of programs, activities, and services in the months ahead. All services, operational hours, and capacity limitations are subject to change based on state health restrictions and county recommendations. Because of the ongoing pandemic, some temporary safety measures are being implemented to protect the seniors, staff, and volunteers.
The temporary safety precautions include:
- All activities and programs are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. No walk-ins are allowed.
- You will not see all of the same programs at this time. Programs have been limited to those that can minimize touching of the same objects and encourage social distancing.
- You may sign up for activities 1 day in advance. You are also welcome to call the day of to check for availability. *We are operating at a limited capacity – this will allow everyone a fair opportunity to get their name on the list.
- NO on-site Nutrition will be offered. Meal pickup is available at the Barco location.
- Face masks are required while you are at the senior centers.
- Operational hours are restricted, and hours may vary by location.
- Upon activity sign up, additional safety measures and restrictions will be provided.
You can check on available programs and sign up by contacting the Senior Center facility you wish to visit: Currituck, 232-3505; Knotts Island, 429-3231; or Powell’s Point, 491-8173.
Please check out this short video on the Senior Center reopening.