The Currituck County Department of Social Services will begin accepting applications for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) on Dec. 2, 2019. The LIEAP program helps eligible families afford their primary heating expense by providing a one-time annual payment directly to their heating vendor, such as a power, gas, or fuel oil company.
- Dec. 2 – Dec. 31, 2019 – Social Services will accept LIEAP applications for households containing a member age 60 and older or containing a disabled person (receiving SSI, SSA Disability or VA Disability payments), who is also receiving a service through the Department of Aging and Adult Services.
- Jan. 2 – March 31, 2020 – Social Services will accept applications for all other households, unless funds have been exhausted.
Applicants are not required to bring anything with them to apply, however the following items will expedite the application process:
- The account number or bill for their heating vendor.
- Proof of all income for everyone living in the home.
- Social Security numbers, if available.
For more information on LIEAP, contact the Currituck County Department of Social Services at 252-232-3083.