County offices are staffed but open to the public by appointment only.
- Citizens should contact staff to set an appointment, which will be conducted in a designated space that will be cleaned prior to and after each use.
- Citizens are encouraged to use online resources to conduct county business if feasible. Available online features include permit applications, Register of Deed certificates, ATV Permits, Beach Parking Permits and bill pay. The Citizen Self Service application can be accessed at https://currituck.munisselfservice.com/citizens/default.aspx.
- Read more information for citizens on Safe Methods for Paying Utility Bills.
Department of Social Services:
- The Currituck County Department of Social Services (DSS) office will be open to citizens by appointment only. Citizens may pick up the following paper applications without an appointment: Medicaid, Food Nutrition Services, Work First (TANF), and Energy Assistance. There will also be forms for anyone reporting a change. These applications will be located on a table just inside the first door to the DSS office, and will be available during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Citizens can also apply electronically for Medicaid and Food Nutrition Services via ePass at https://epass.nc.gov/CitizenPortal/application.do.
- All completed paper applications, review forms and/or verifications can be faxed, mailed or dropped off in the secure drop box located outside of the agency at any time. Citizens can also contact the agency to speak to a staff member if they need additional information or if they need to email us. To make an appointment or speak to the staff, contact the Currituck County Department of Social Services at 252-232-3083.
Announcements & Cancellations
- All county Library branches remain closed. *Check out the library’s online offerings and curbside pickup options at http://library.earlibrary.org/currituck/
- The N.C. Cooperative Extension Center in Currituck is open by appointment. *Check out Extension’s online programs at https://currituck.ces.ncsu.edu/
- All Senior Center locations remain closed. Meal delivery service will continue.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles mobile unit that visits the Currituck Cooperative Extension has been suspended until further notice.
- For information regarding Superior Court, contact the Clerk of Court office at 252-232-6200. The Clerk of Court office will remain staffed during normal business hours.
- All inmate visitation and jail programs at the Currituck County Detention Center are cancelled until further notice. Citizens may use jailatm.com to deposit money into a family member’s account.