The Currituck County Register of Deeds office maintains Marriage records. Both applicants must:
- present valid government issued picture identification;
- provide their Social Security numbers; if applicable
- if there has been a previous marriage, you must provide month and year and how the marriage ended.
- if under the age of 18 call our office at 252-232-3297 to find out the requirements needed
To save time when picking up your marriage license, you may complete the application online before coming to our office. You must come into our office to obtain your license.
The license is good immediately upon issuance and is valid for 60 days.
The fee for the license is $60.00, cash or check only.
Marriage licenses are issued between the hours of:
8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays.
If you plan to be married by the magistrate after obtaining a license, please call 252-232-6219 for information regarding the office hours and other information regarding the ceremony and fees.
Get a Copy of a Marriage License
Non-certified copies are available to the public for a $1.00.
Certified copies of vital records are available for $10.00 per copy and will be issued to:
- The applicant
- The applicant’s spouse
- The applicant’s mother/father
- The applicant’s brother/sister
- The applicant’s children/grandchildren
- The applicant’s grandmother/grandfather
- Any person seeking information for legal determination of
personal or property rights (proof required)
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant.
To receive marriage license copy, you may
2801 Caratoke Highway
Currituck, North Carolina 27929
153 Courthouse Road, Suite 600
Currituck, North Carolina 27929.
Make sure to sign your request form.