Inventory of Historic Properties
The Historic Preservation Commission has adopted an inventory of properties (buildings, structures, sites, areas, or objects) of historical, archaeological, architectural and/or cultural interest that it will use as a guide in the identification, assessment, and designation of local historic landmarks.
The adopted inventory consists of:
- National register properties,
- National study list properties;
- North Carolina Historic Preservation Office Web mapped properties
- National Register of Historic Places: Section E – Geographical Overview Narratives by Meg Green Malvasi
- National Register of Historic Places: Section F – Property Types Narratives by Meg Green Malvasi
- 2003 Currituck Banks, North Banks Survey and Roanoke Island Architectural Survey Report by Penne Smith Sandbeck
If you are unsure if your property is included in the inventory or if you would like to have your property included in the inventory, please contact the Planning Department.
Link to HPO Web – Map Inventory –inventory materials, narrative, mapping, and lists.