2020 Virtual Tic-Tac-Toe
Wellness Fall TIC-TAC-TOE
With fall coming, we thought, the Spring Bingo was so much fun, let find another fun way to get employees active. A fun game of TIC-TAC-TOE with a nice prize at the end sounded just the thing to do. All you need to do is participate in several activities listed on the card that are related to wellness for the next 2 months until you get 3 items in a vertical, diagonal or horizontal row; then you got TIC-TAC-TOE!
At the conclusion of the time frame or once you achieved TIC-TAC-TOE, you will upload your document and then be eligible for a prize. Sounds simple, it is! Plus you get to do something healthy. All cards MUST be submitted by Monday, December 7, 2020.
On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, those who have submitted their TIC-TAC-TOE card will receive an email directing them on how to order their Personalized Picnic Blanket. This gift will be mailed directly to your home.
The website to order your blanket will only be open for a week beginning Wednesday, December 9, 2020. Make sure to register for your prize quickly, because after a week the website to order will close. Then all orders will be reviewed, and the shipping process will begin. Be patient, it will take some time before you receive your gift.
Another way to participate is share some of the ways you are staying healthy by posting a really great recipe, or something you do that could help others on Just Share It. What you post on Just Share It will then be posted on this page, we aren’t posting names, just information. Share something fun and enlightening with your co-workers right now. Even a good joke would be nice.
Sounds fun, let PLAY.
Don’t forget to report this event on your Health Reimbursement Account under “Participate in County Sponsored Fitness or Wellness Program.”
How to play TIC-TAC-TOE
- Download our TIC-TAC-TOE (PDF) card. It can be printed or kept digitally on your computer.
- After you download the TIC-TAC-TOE document you just simply check the appropriate completed box.
- When you are ready to upload the document just save it with your name and department. If you are having trouble saving the document just take a screenshot and upload it. On Macs command+shift+3 on PC hit the windows key + print screen key.
- Complete the online form and upload the document.
To find wellness activities to fill your TIC-TAC-TOE card, simply click the box you are interested in and it will take you to information on that activity.
|Start a |
|Try a |
Get Your Flu Shot
Getting your Flu Shot is important for your health this winter.
Did you know that 17 million workdays are lost to flu-related illness each year, among U.S. adults age 18 to 64? The good news is one simple vaccine is all it takes to help protect you from the flu all season long.
The Flu Shot is considered a preventive service, so your insurance company will pay for it.
The County is not scheduling a flu shot event.
Take a few minutes and stop by one of these place to get your Flu Shot:
To verify you got your Flu Shot, just upload a Selfie of you band-aid.
Had a good experience getting your Flu Shot Just Share It, with your co-workers.
Sign up for MyCigna Coaching
Currituck County Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) “Motivate Me” offers 2 forms of Coaching Calls.
An telephonic Lifestyle Management Program where you work with a Cigna coach and complete the tobacco cessation, stress or weight loss program. To enroll into the program call 855-246-1873. It is worth $25 in the Incentive Awards Program, “Motivate Me.”
The Telephonic Health Coaching program where you talk to a health coach and make progress towards a goal. Includes support for chronic conditions like diabetes, blood pressure, depression, low back pain, etc. This program is worth $15 in the Incentive Awards Program, “Motivate Me.” Call a health coach at the number on your ID card.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Currituck County recently received access to a new pre-diabetic program, Omada. Learn more about Omada and how to sign up by attending the Introduction to Omada webinar.
Omada® is a digital lifestyle change program provided by our health care provider, Cigna. They combine the latest technology with ongoing support so you can make the changes that matter most—whether that’s around eating, activity, sleep, or stress. It’s an approach shown to help you lose weight and reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Build healthy habits that last.
- New source of motivation.
- Data-empowered, with help of a human coach.
- Group of fellow participants with similar goals.
- Learn the fundamentals of making smart food choices.
- Discover easy ways to move more and boost your energy.
- Gain skills that allow you to break barriers to change.
- Zero in on what works for you, and find lasting motivation.
- Continue to set and reach your goals with strategies and supp
If you cannot wait until October 14, or you want to get a head start check out this introduction video.
Around the World Activity Challenge
Monday, October 5 to Sunday, November 1, 2020
Around World Activity Challenge
The Around the World Activity Challenge is designed to encourage everyone to walk, de-stress and be more active. During this challenge, participants will work their way along a virtual map around the world by completing their favorite fitness activities.
This challenge is designed for all fitness levels. Push yourself harder each day and see what fitness goals you can achieve!
And remember, this is NOT just a step challenge, any fitness activity counts!
Employees can track steps and activities during the challenge in the following ways:
- Use the Enter Steps widget to enter steps from a pedometer or a smart phone manually.
- Use the Activities widget to enter the minutes when you participate in your favorite fitness activities.
- Link your Fitbit or other wearable device to the challenge and your steps will be entered automatically when you log in.
- Download the Employee Wellness Hub App (EWH) and enter data or track steps with your phone’s motion sensor or link your iPhone health kit (Apple Watch) or Google Fit app.
Employees will participate in the challenge as individuals. Please read these challenge rules:
- Registration is open now.
- Employees will track steps and/or minutes of activities by logging into the challenge website and using the trackers in the “Track Data” tab, or by linking a wearable device. If you want to track data on your smart phone, you can also download the app.
- All activities entered are converted to their equivalent number of steps automatically by the challenge website and applied to the challenge.
- Employees can track up to 7 days in the past if needed. Entries beyond 7 days from the activity completion date will be flagged for review and will only be permitted if approved by the Challenge Administrator.
- Please use the honor system when tracking your activities.
- A third party group is monitoring entries and will flag entries that are extremely large or backdated too far.
Employees can earn virtual medals for completing individual step goals.
- Bronze Medal: average 6,000 steps a day (168,000 steps)
- Silver Medal: average 8,000 steps a day (224,000 steps)
- Gold Medal: average 10,000 steps a day (280,000 steps)
Each week some lucky employee will win a prize. At the end of the challenge over all winners will receive a gift card.
In case of technical difficulties or help resetting your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try a New Workout
Watch one of the following “The Coach’s Corner” Health & Wellness Tips Videos :
- What is Health Coaching
- 6 Exercises to Reduce Lower Back Pain
- 5 Core Exercises to Help Improve Your Athletic Performance
- Benefit of Exercising with a Partner
- Understanding your Core Muscles
- Using Strength Training to Lose Weight
- 7 Strength Training Exercises to Add to Your Workout
- 6 Stretches to Increase Flexibility
- Activities for Families to Exercise Together
- Stay Healthy at Work
- Understand the Connection between Sleep & Health
- Get and Stay Motivated to Reach Wellness Goals
- 5 Stretches to Improve Running Speed
Employee Water Ways 5k
Monday, November 2, – November 8, 2020
Join this week long online 5k event and receive a prize.
This event is still being developed please check back shortly.
Try a Stress Reduction Technique
Olivia Patchel, Currituck County Cooperative Extension Agent, video “The Pathway to Less Stress” will focus on a few ways to help you reduce stress and make life a little more enjoyable for everyone.
Along with the good advance to reduce stress Olivia includes links to handouts and resources she mentions in the video. Make sure to check out this short 21 minute video.
Another source to help you handle your stress in a COVID environment is Cigna’s “See Stress Differently” information. It works on a 4 part Stress Care PLAN:
P – Period of time to unwind
L – Location to de-stress
A – Activity to enjoy
N – Name of someone to talk to
November Department Challenge
More information on this event will be posted shortly. Just a little teaser, it will have something to do with Healthy Selfie.
How to Save with MyCigna Webinar
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Join Sara Pomeroy from Cigna as she discusses the best ways to use MyCigna.com website to your benefit!
All participants will be entered into a drawing for an Amazon gift card.
Register today and learn how to save.