Emergency Medical Services
“Positive, Progressive, and Professional in Service”
Currituck County Fire – Emergency Medical Services (CCFEMS):
- provides state-of-the-art, advanced life support level emergency medical services to all of Currituck County, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- in Corolla and Knotts Island, they are also the primary provider of fire suppression services.
- in all other areas of the county our staff assists the Volunteer Fire Department personnel in providing fire services.
- has been designated a “Model Emergency Medical Services System” by the North Carolina State Office of Emergency Medical Services.
- is a certified and rated fire department by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, Office of the State Fire Marshal.
Responsibilities of the Emergency Medical Services
- Provides emergency medical services, fire suppression response, and provides assistance to the volunteer fire departments.
- Staffs 9 ambulances and 3 fire engines (The 3 staffed engines are Advanced Life Support certified) 24-hours-a-day. Emergency crews are currently stationed in:
- Powells Point
- Knotts Island
- Provides Advanced Life Support emergency medical treatment/transport, vehicle extrication
- Assist the Sheriff’s Office, Corolla Beach Rescue, and Volunteer Fire Departments with all-hazards response, including Search & Rescue, and near-shore Ocean Rescue.
- Provides medical support for any large group or special events