Healthy Events & Seminars
Our local surrounding communities have many programs/events to help you stay healthy, listed below are some upcoming opportunities.
Check out what is available to Currituck County employees.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Wellness Committee Meeting
Monday, October 5 – Sunday, November 1, 2020
Around World Activity Challenge
The Around the World Activity Challenge is designed to encourage everyone to walk, de-stress and be more active. During this challenge, participants will work their way along a virtual map around the world by completing their favorite fitness activities.
This challenge is designed for all fitness levels. Push yourself harder each day and see what fitness goals you can achieve!
And remember, this is NOT just a steps challenge, any fitness activity counts!
Employees can track steps and activities during the challenge in the following ways:
- Use the Enter Steps widget to enter steps from a pedometer or a smart phone manually.
- Use the Activities widget to enter the minutes when you participate in your favorite fitness activities.
- Link your Fitbit or other wearable device to the challenge and your steps will be entered automatically when you log in.
- Download the Employee Wellness Hub App (EWH) and enter data or track steps with your phone’s motion sensor or link your iPhone health kit (Apple Watch) or Google Fit app.
Employees will participate in the challenge as individuals. Please read these challenge rules:
- Registration is open now.
- Employees will track steps and/or minutes of activities by logging into the challenge website and using the trackers in the “Track Data” tab, or by linking a wearable device. If you want to track data on your smart phone, you can also download the app.
- All activities entered are converted to their equivalent number of steps automatically by the challenge website and applied to the challenge.
- Employees can track up to 7 days in the past if needed. Entries beyond 7 days from the activity completion date will be flagged for review and will only be permitted if approved by the Challenge Administrator.
- Please use the honor system when tracking your activities.
- A third party group is monitoring entries and will flag entries that are extremely large or backdated too far.
Employees can earn virtual medals for completing individual step goals.
- Bronze Medal: average 6,000 steps a day (168,000 steps)
- Silver Medal: average 8,000 steps a day (224,000 steps)
- Gold Medal: average 10,000 steps a day (280,000 steps)
Stay Tuned! More to come.
In case of technical difficulties or help resetting your password, please email email@example.com.
Sleep Lunch N Learn – date to be announced.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Wellness Committee Meeting
Location: Currituck Cooperative Extension
Barco, North Carolina 2791
Wednesday, December 10, 2020
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Time: 9:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Place: Currituck County Governmental Complex Courtroom “C”
Contact: 800-Red-Blood or 800-733-2767
Register: Visit redcrossblood.org
Enter: CCGOVT to schedule an appointment. (recommended)
American Red Cross ask that you donate blood – did you know that every 2 seconds someone in the United States need blood.
This event is open to employees and the public.