Currituck County takes getting important information to our employees very seriously. That is why the Employee section of our website was created.
Here you will find important information on your benefits, including your health insurance coverage, how to get assistance with an insurance problem, who is on your county wellness committee, etc.
H2 Oh Yeah - Hydration Challenge!
The H2 Oh Yeah – Hydration Challenge! encourages employees to get hydrated and stay hydrated. Proper hydration is more than just counting cups of liquid. During this challenge, employees will score points for tracking their daily water intake and hydration habits.
Rules and Tracking Data
Employees will participate in the challenge as individuals. Please read these challenge rules:
- Registration opens Monday, June 24, 2019.
- The challenge starts Monday, July 1, 2019 and ends on Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
- Employees will track hydration habits by logging into the challenge site and using the trackers in the “Track Data” tab.If you want to track data on your smart phone, you can also download the app.
- Employees can track data up to 7 days in the past if needed.Entries beyond 7 days from the activity completion date will be flagged for review and will only be permitted if approved by the Challenge Administrator.
- Please use the honor system when tracking your activities.
- A 3rd party group is monitoring entries and will also flag entries that are extremely large or backdated too far.
- Always follow your health professional’s advice and adjust your water consumption goals accordingly.
Employees will score points in the challenge in the following ways:
- Score 1 point for each cup (8oz) of water that you drink during the day (Max 15 points per day).
- Score 5 points each day you have a water bottle at your desk, or carry a water bottle with you to work (Max 5 points per day).
- Score 5 points each day you avoid drinking high-sugar beverages and alcohol. What is a high sugar beverage? (Max 5 points per day).
Water is essential to good health, yet needs vary by individual. Get information to learn more about the guidelines for how much water you should drink each day.
By participating in this hydration challenge you will be eligible to earn $40 in the Self-Reported County Sponsored Fitness category on our Incentive Awards Program.
This is a self-reported incentive that you will be responsible for submitting through MyCigna at the conclusion of the challenge.
Register and join the challenge at www.CurrituckCountyChallenge.com.
Drink Water, Stay Hydrated, Stay Healthy!