Currituck County is sincerely concerned with the safety and welfare of our employees and the public they serve. We acknowledge an obligation as an employer to provide the safest possible working conditions for employees and a safe environment for the public who use our services.
The purpose of the Safety Manual is to acquaint employees with Currituck County’s general safety rules and policies.
Family Medical Leave Act Employee (FMLA) Rights & Responsibilities
The Family Medical Leave Act Employee (FMLA) entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. More information about FMLA is available on the United States Department of Labor website.
The purpose of the policy is to establish a human resources system policy that will promote a fair and effective means of employee recruitment and selection, develop and maintain an effective and responsible work force, and provide the means for rewarding meritorious employees and the removal of unsatisfactory employees.
- Article 1 - Organization of the Human Resources System
- Article 2 - The Classification Plan
- Article 3 - The Pay Plan
- Article 4 - Recruitment and Selection
- Article 5 - Conditions of Employment
- Article 6 - Holidays & Leave
- Article 7 - Employee Benefits
- Article 8 - Substance Abuse Policy and Procedures
- Article 9 - Separation, Disciplinary Action, and Reinstatement
- Article 10 - Problem Resolution and Grievance Procedures
- Article 11 - Personnel Records