Department of Homeland Security Ready Campaign
Ready is a National public service campaign designed to educate and empower the American people to;
- prepare for
- respond to
- and mitigate emergencies,
including natural and man-made disasters. The goal of the campaign is to promote preparedness through public involvement.
- stay informed about the different types of emergencies that could occur and their appropriate responses
- make a family emergency plan and
- build an emergency supply kit, and
- get involved in your community by taking action to prepare for emergencies.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
FEMA National Preparedness Planning makes it possible to manage the entire life cycle of a potential crisis. Strategic and operational planning establishes priorities, identifies expected levels of performance and capability requirements, provides the standard for assessing capabilities and helps stakeholders learn their role.
Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) is working to reduce the impact of disasters through education with courses, webinars, projects and setting up way to network with other Extension.
- get prepared for a disaster
- stay informed of adverse weather conditions,
- information on recovering after a disaster
- and ways to get involved or donate when an emergency arises.
North Carolina Resources