Questions & Answers
- What do I need to bring with me when applying for assistance?
Nothing is required for the application; however, some of the following information is often required to process an application:
- Social Security card
- Medicare card
- Verification of income
- Life insurance policies
- Health insurance information
- Bank statements or bank account numbers
- Proof of any other assets you own
- Does Currituck County participate in the Mutiple Response System?
- Do I need an appointment to apply for assistance?
Typically, the department does not take appointments for applying for financial assistance. Applicants are seen on a first-come, first-served basis during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Occasionally, appointments may be made, but only in special, unavoidable circumstances.