Currituck Seniors –
We here at Senior Services wanted to take a moment to say “Hello” and that we are thinking of you! We can’t wait for life to get back to normal so we can see all our folks again.
Staff are working hard delivering meals to all our Home Delivered Clients in Currituck, doing well checks and even painting Senior Center walls!
Please call or email us at 252-232-3505, if we can assist you in any way.
Your Currituck County Senior Services Staff,
For the safety of our citizens and staff the following was approved by the Currituck County Board of Commissioners on Monday, March 16th…
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
- The Currituck Senior Center, Knotts Island Senior Center, and Powell’s Point Senior Center are closed for a minimum of 30 days.
(NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC/CIVIC GROUPS/MEETINGS, ETC)
- The Senior Centers will continue to provide the home-delivered meal service on a regular schedule.
- All programming at satellite locations will be cancelled until further notice.
- There will NOT be a newsletter for the month of April. We hope to have May’s out around the end of April barring any additional closure.
- Cancellation of Charleston, South Carolina tour bus trip scheduled in April is cancelled
- Sanctuary Vineyards fundraiser scheduled on April 4th has been rescheduled for Friday, May 29, 2020
We will continue to monitor and re-access the situation and adjust closures as needed.
If you have an question or to report a senior in need please do not hesitate to call us at 252-232-3505!
Currituck County’s three Senior Centers are a community focal point on aging. The Senior Centers plays an integral role as a resource for the entire community and assists other agencies in serving senior adults.
The Centers provide services and programs and are open to all Currituck County residents age 55 and older, regardless of religion, national origin, or disability.
There is no charge or membership fee to participate in most programs provided by the Centers. Required fees for certain programs and activities will be posted.