Planning & Community Development
The Planning and Community Development Department works to promote quality development, outstanding customer service, and innovative problem-solving to facilitate the growth of the local economy and enhance the quality of life, and preserve the natural environment for current and future generations.
- Certified Zoning Officers (CZO)
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- Level 1,2,and 3 Building Inspectors
- Certified Flood Manager (CFM)
- as well as other accreditations and certifications.
Provide solution oriented services to the community through the application of professional planning and inspection skills, adopted plans, and standards which facilitate the growth of the local economy and enhance the quality of life and preserve the natural environment for current and future generations.
Principles of a successful Planning and Community Development Department:
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers.
- Treat people fairly and equally.
- Produce work products of a very high quality.
- Communicate openly both internally and externally.
- Be prepared when presenting information.
- Use consistency in decision making.
- Be committed to a team-oriented approach.
- Look for solutions rather than obstacles.
- Implement policy rather than create it.
- Be proactive rather than reactive.