Currituck County Communications Center, also known as Currituck 9-1-1, answers emergency and non-emergency calls for service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and dispatches the appropriate help. The professional staff is dedicated to providing quality service not only to our citizens but also to the first responders that we serve.
The Communications Center offers a fast, effective communications link between the general public and emergency services. We provide dispatch services for:
- Currituck Sheriffs Office
- Currituck County Fire and EMS
- 6 Volunteer Fire Departments
- NC Forestry
- Animal Services & Control
- and Ocean Rescue.
Additional services dispatched include:
- public utilities
- public works
- Department of Social Services
- and various other local, state and federal agencies.
The 9-1-1 Center employs a highly trained staff using the latest in technology in order to maintain our high commitment to public safety. Information is documented, relayed and verbalized to emergency personnel within seconds utilizing state of the art technologies, such as:
- Computer Aided Dispatching (CAD)
- Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)
- and an 800Mhz County owned radio system.