Currituck Alert is Currituck County’s mass notification and alerting system. By using Currituck Alert, you will receive messages about hazardous conditions that may impact the public, such as evacuation orders, flooding, and wildfires. It may also be used during non-emergency times to notify residents of important public meetings and community events.
Sign up to stay informed! There are four ways to register for alerts:
(1) Multiple Platforms – Create an account to receive alerts via different methods of communication. We encourage you to create an account so we can reach you by cell phone, home phone (landline), email, and text messages. You may select your preferred methods when you register. Click here to create an account
After creating an account, you may log-in to Currituck Alert at any time to change your personal settings. Click here to log-in
(2) Text Message Only – Text your zip code to 888-777. You will receive a text message on your cell phone when an emergency occurs within your zip code.
(3) Special Event Keywords – You may opt-in to receive text message updates for special events only. To do this, you will simply text the event’s keyword to 888-777.
At this time, Currituck County has the following event-based keywords in the system. Additional keywords will be publicized as needed for special events.
- SAFECOROLLA – Text message alerts for beach conditions in Corolla. Texts will only be sent out for hazardous conditions, such as Red Flags. To sign up, text SAFECOROLLA to 888-777.
(4) Everbridge Mobile App – Available for Android in Google Play and for Apple in the App Store. Search for “Currituck County” and then register to receive notifications through the app. The Everbridge app also gives you the ability to see notifications from local governments across the country … for example, users can view notifications from Chesapeake, Norfolk, Newport News, and Isle of Wight without having to sign up for their systems. This is a great tool to use when traveling!
Anyone who needs assistance with registration may call Currituck Emergency Management at 252-232-2115.
Questions & Answers
What kind of alerts will I receive?
Currituck Alert will be used to notify you about imminent threats to health and safety, as well as informational notifications that affect your locations or work environments. Administrators have the ability to send notifications regarding:
- evacuation orders
- gas leaks
- water and sewer notices
- law enforcement activity
- and more.
The National Weather Service issues alerts for tornado warnings, hurricane warnings, storm surge warnings, and flash flood warnings through Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA). Alerts are sent automatically to WEA-capable phones during an emergency. Learn more about WEA
What caller ID number will display when I receive a notification via landline or cell phone?
The number displayed on your caller ID will be 252-232-6010. If you place a return call to this number you will reach a recording that states,
“You have reached Currituck Alert, Currituck County government’s emergency and public information notification system. If you received a call or text message from this telephone number please check your voice mail, text messages or email to receive the important message that Currituck County is sending you.
If you have questions about the notification please contact the county department that sent the message directly. The department directory is available on the county website at www.currituckgovernment.com. “
Why should I confirm receipts of notifications?
When you sign up for Currituck Alert, you are given a choice of notification delivery formats, such as email, text message or phone call. You also have the choice of setting the priority order for those notifications.
Currituck Alert will attempt to reach you through all contact methods provided until a confirmation of receipt is received. By confirming that you have received a notification, you will eliminate the receipt of multiple messages.
Will my contact information be shared with others?
No. The information that you provide will be used only for emergency notification purposes. We will not give or sell your contact or location information to any vendor or other organization.
What if my phone number or email address changes?
The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your contact information changes, you can always visit your profile and update your information.