Currituck County posted 2 Request for Proposals (RFP) for Solid Waste Services. Seal proposals were accepted until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, June 21, 2013.
RFP 1: Curbside Trash & Recycling Collection in Corolla, North Carolina
Scheduled collection and proper disposal of trash and recyclables in Corolla, North Carolina (hereafter, “Curbside Service”). October 1 through April 30 – trash and recyclables collected once per week, May 1 through September 30 – trash and recyclables collected twice per week. Bulk pickup service is to be provided as is yard waste collection. The purpose of the Service is to cleanly and efficiently collect trash and recyclables from approximately 3,700 – 3,800 residences in Corolla, North Carolina, on a regularly scheduled basis and properly dispose of the material in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
The current schedule is: October 1 through April 30 – trash and recycling collected on Wednesdays; May 1 through September 30 – trash collected Wednesdays and Saturdays and recycling is collected Saturdays. Bulk item pickup and yard waste collection occurs year round as owners and property management companies call in the request for pickup of bulk items. Once the request for bulk pickup is made, the bulk pickup service takes place on the next scheduled collection day.
Material banned from landfills by NCGS must be handled separately (yard waste, white goods) and delivered to the Currituck County Transfer Station for processing by the County.
Corolla is home to approximately 450 full-time, year round residents. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, the population increases substantially with 50,000 to 60,000 visitors per week.
RFP 2: Equipping, Staffing and Operating 8 Convenient/Recycling Sites in Currituck, North Carolina
Equipping, Staffing and Operating 8 convenient / recycling sites in the County of Currituck, North Carolina.
The purpose of the Service is to cleanly and efficiently collect trash and recyclables from residents and property owners in Currituck County at 8 convenient / recycling centers located in:
- Carova (4-WD area north of Corolla),
- Knotts Island,
- Gibbs Woods,
- and Powells Point
and properly disposing of the material in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
The current hours of operation for all sites are: Monday thru Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sundays 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The sites are closed on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. On New Year’s Eve and Christmas Eve, the sites close at 5:00 p.m.
For the Offeror’s proposal to be considered
Proposals are to be submitted in sealed envelopes with the words “Corolla Curbside Open June 21, 2013″ on the face of the envelope. Proposals must be signed in ink by an authorized representative of the Offeror. (Note: Documentation of signature authority shall be provided for both this RFP response and the Service Agreement.) Provide one original and 2 copies of the Service Proposal. The lower left corner of the face of the envelope shall indicate the Offeror’s name and title of the proposal. Deliver proposals to the Owner at the following location:
Solid Waste Director
County of Currituck
153 Courthouse Road, Suite 302
Currituck, North Carolina 27929
- Proposals must be complete when submitted, including a cover sheet and all attachments and in the format specified. Proposals or any amendments to proposals received by the Owner after the closing date and time will not be considered. Actual receipt by the Owner and not the mailing or sending date shall control.
- Written questions and requests for clarification had to be submitted by June 5, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. To the extent Currituck County determines to respond to such questions and requests for clarification, any and all responses and any supplemental instructions will be in the form of a final written addendum, which if issued, will be emailed to all firms holding this RFP not later than June 12, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. All addenda shall become part of the RFP and the Service Agreement.
- Proposals were accepted until June 21, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. Requests for extensions of this date will not be granted except by written amendment to the RFP applicable to all prospective Offerors.
Instructions for Proposals
- Brevity, clarity, and responsiveness in proposals are encouraged. The inclusion of extraneous information not pertinent to the basic purpose of the RFP is discouraged.
- Technical proposals shall be limited to 50 letter size (unless otherwise expressed herein), one sided pages, not including cover sheet and tab dividers. All contents of the technical proposal shall be bound in one completed document.
- Offerors are encouraged to carefully examine the RFP for discrepancies, errors, omissions or ambiguities. Any questions concerning the requirements of the RFP should be directed to Brenda K. McQueen, Public Works Department, at 252-232-2504 or email (preferred) at Brenda McQueen.
- The information required by this RFP must be complete and the Offeror’s submittal must “stand-alone”.
- A list of all equipment that will be used in this project is to be provided (year, make model, type and number of trucks, front-load/side-load/rear load, type of fuel for each, capacity of each), style of refuse containers and recycling containers (number, size and capacity of each), and rental fees for property owners for additional containers as needed.
- The term “similar project” shall be defined as having provided successful curbside collection and disposal services within the last 10 years. Each similar project will be presented on a separate sheet to include, but not limited to, size of the service area in mileage and units, frequency of service for each type of refuse, with current contact information for reference checks.