Senior Center Adds Drive-Up Meal Service, Holiday Event, and Pickleball
The Currituck Senior Center now offers a drive-up meal service at its facility in Community Park, in Barco. Meals will be available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week to county residents age 60…
Energy Assistance Program Available
The Currituck County Department of Social Services announces that the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) will begin Dec. 1, 2020 for those age 60 or older, or for those disabled and receiving services through…
Prevent Water Cutoffs with a Customer Payment Plan
Customers of the Currituck County Water Department are strongly encouraged to establish a payment plan if they fall behind on utility bill payments. Signing up for a payment plan with the Water Department will help…
Schaecher Named NC’s Top Building Inspector
Ron Schaecher, a member of the Currituck County Planning and Community Development staff, has received the Building Inspector of the Year award from the North Carolina Building Inspector’s Association. Ron was notified of this honor…
2020 Operation Santa Information
Please consider supporting the 2020 Operation Santa Claus program, facilitated by the Currituck County Department of Social Services. This annual program provides Christmas presents for local children, Currituck children in foster care, and food baskets…
Events & Meetings
Board Of Commissioners Meeting – 6:00 PM
Currituck County Board of Commissioners meeting will be held on Monday, December 7, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the Historic Currituck Courthouse. For all meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Planning Board – 6:00 PM
The Currituck County Planning Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the Historic Currituck Courthouse. Meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Carova Beach Road Service District Advisory Board Meeting – 10:00 AM
The Carova Beach Road Service District Advisory Board will hold a regular meeting on Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the Carova Beach Volunteer Fire Department. Meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Board of Adjustment Meeting – 7:00 PM
The Currituck County Board of Adjustment meeting will be held Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the Historic Currituck Courthouse. Meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Board Of Commissioners Meeting – CANCELLED
Currituck County Board of Commissioners meeting scheduled for Monday, December 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. has been CANCELLED. For all meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
- Albemarle Regional Health Service
COVID Call Center 252-338-WELL (9355)
- Centers for Disease Control
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Health & Human Services information about NC Medicaid
- Albemarle Regional Health Services offers testing for COVID-19 at the Currituck Health Department on Wednesdays, by appointment only. Call the Health Department at 252-232-2271 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
The three main symptoms of the COVID-19 coronavirus are:
- Shortness of breath
- Read “What to Do if You Feel Sick” from the NC Department of Health and Human Services
Medicare Annual Election Period is October 15 – December 7, 2020
If you are a Medicare Beneficiary you are eligible to review and/or change your part D, Drug Coverage, every year between Thursday, October 15 and Monday, December 7, 2020. It is definitely worth taking the time to review and compare your Medicare health plan options, but you don’t have to navigate the system alone. North Carolina Cooperative Extension and the North Carolina Department of Insurance … Continue reading Medicare Annual Election Period is October 15 – December 7, 2020