Citizens Age 65 & Up May Call for Vaccine Registration
Currituck County Government is working with Albemarle Regional Health Services (ARHS) to identify county residents who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination in Group 1 and Group 2 of North Carolina’s vaccine plan. ARHS oversees…
Corolla Projects to Improve Water System and Public Access Points
Citizens and motorists in Corolla should be aware of two county improvement projects being initiated in January. One project will upgrade the county's water infrastructure, while the other addresses certain public beach access points. During…
State & Local COVID Vaccination Information
North Carolina Health and Human Services provides useful information on the COVID-19 vaccination. Citizens can learn about the safety of the vaccine, planned phases of implementation, vaccination data, frequently asked questions, and more. Locally, the…
Apply for Energy Bill Assistance Online at ePASS
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services announced that, beginning January 4, households can apply for the Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) and the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) online at https://epass.nc.gov. Applying online…
Convenience Site Decal Requirement Effective in 2021
Beginning on January 1, 2021, county residents must have a new solid waste permit decal displayed on their vehicle’s windshield when utilizing one of Currituck’s convenience centers. Citizens will receive these decals when they receive…
Events & Meetings
Special Meeting Board Of Commissioners – 2:00 PM
Currituck County Board of Commissioners will hold a Special Meeting on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. in the Historic Currituck Courthouse. The Board will discuss for consideration and possible action the items included on
Recreation Advisory Board Meeting – 7:00 PM
The Recreation Advisory Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, January 12, 2021 is rescheduled for Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at the Currituck County Senior Center dining hall. Public Notice... For all meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Fire & EMS Advisory Board Meeting – 7:00 PM
Currituck County Fire & EMS Advisory Board meeting will be held on Monday, January 25, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at the Fire & EMS Administration Office. Meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Senior Center Advisory Board Meeting – CANCELLED
Currituck County Senior Center Advisory Board meeting scheduled on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. at the Senior Center has been CANCELLED. Public Notice... Meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
Historic Preservation Commission Meeting – 5:30 PM
Historic Preservation Commission will meet on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. in the Historic Currituck Courthouse. For all meeting agendas, minutes and board information…
- Albemarle Regional Health Service
COVID Call Center 252-338-WELL (9355)
- Centers for Disease Control
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Health & Human Services information about NC Medicaid
- Albemarle Regional Health Services offers testing for COVID-19 at the Currituck Health Department on Wednesdays, by appointment only. Call the Health Department at 252-232-2271 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
The three main symptoms of the COVID-19 coronavirus are:
- Shortness of breath
- Read “What to Do if You Feel Sick” from the NC Department of Health and Human Services
County Office Closings in January
Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Monday, January 18, 2021 ~ Currituck County Animal Shelter ~ All County Administrative Offices ~ Currituck County Cooperative Extension ~ Currituck County Libraries ~ Currituck Senior Centers All emergency services will remain fully-staffed during the holidays.