Senior Events & Trips
AARP Tax Preparation
FREE AARP Tax Preparation on Thursday’s, starting February 1 – April 12, by appointment only at the Barco Senior Center.
Tax preparation is open to the public regardless of age and is geared towards low- to moderate- income taxpayers. Certain filing restrictions may apply.
Please call 252-232-3505 for to make an appointment or you need more information.
Annual Sanctuary Vineyards Spring Social
On Saturday, April 14th, at 7:00 p.m., the Currituck Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Currituck Senior Center and the Corolla Wild Horse Fund, will host a Dinner/Dance Fundraiser at Sanctuary Vineyards.
A portion of the proceeds will be divided between the Albemarle Commission Senior Nutrition Program in support of the Currituck Home Delivered Meals Program, Corolla Wild Horse Fund and the Currituck County Chamber of Commerce.
There will be a silent auction, in addition to great music and food! Tickets are $60 including tax per person and will be available for purchase at the Currituck Senior Center, the Wild Horse Museum Store and the Currituck Chamber of Commerce in the near future.
For more information, call the Currituck Senior Center at 252-232-3505.
Trip to Kentucky
4 Day/3 Night Trip to the Ark Encounter, Louisville & Lexington, Kentucky
Monday, April 30 – Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Experience the Ark Encounter – features a full size Noah’s Ark, built according to the dimensions given in the bible- spanning 510 feet long, 85 feet wide and 51 feet high. Showcasing 3 Decks filled with exhibits featuring Noah’s family and life on board the Ark.
- 3 breakfasts at your hotel/2 dinners including 1 dinner at Emzara’s Kitchen and 1 dinner aboard the Belle of Louisville Paddler Boat Steamer
- Guided tour of Lexington
- Visit The Kentucky Horse Park & International Museum of the Horse.
- Visit the Original Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Harland Sanders Café & Museum
- $499.00 per person/double occupancy.
- Optional travel protection $51.00 per person/double occupancy.
- $100.00 Deposit due by: Monday, January 22, 2018
Trip to Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
3 Days / 2 Nights Trip to Dover Downs Hotel & Casino from Monday, July 23 – Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Dover Downs Hotel has many services to enhance your stay:
- headline entertainers
- state of the art gaming
- live harness racing (certain times)
- South Pacific-inspired spa
- and The Colonnade (boutique shops, restaurants, bars and lounges.)
There will also be time for (optional) shopping at the Rehoboth Outlets.
Cost: $269.00 per person/double occupancy; optional Travel protection $51 per person/double occupancy.
Your cost includes:
- 2 nights hotel accommodations
- 2 breakfast buffets
- 1 dinner buffet
- $100 free slot play.
There is $100 deposit per person due by Monday, April 16th.
PLEASE NOTE that this trip will take the place of the annual Dover Downs trip provided by the Senior Center. Using a charter bus allows us to offer this trip to more of your family and friends!