RFP for Ground Water Lowering Improvements for the Ocean Sands Wastewater Treatment Facility
Bids will be received until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, 2017 at the:
Currituck County Engineer's Office
Currituck County Courthouse
153 Courthouse Road, Suite 302
Currituck, North Carolina 27929
for the following project:
Ground Water Lowering Improvements
Ocean Sands Wastewater Treatment Facility
Corolla, North Carolina
A pre-bid conference will be held to review the project and allow access to the existing facilities. The pre-bid conference will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at the :
Southern Outer Banks Water Treatment Plant
734 Ocean Trail
Corolla, North Carolina 27927
Attendance is not mandatory.
The project includes improvements to the groundwater lowering pump station and piping for the ground water force main along Highway 12. Project includes:
- Modifications to the existing ground water lowering pump station.
- Installation of a 5x5 concrete valve vault with Halliday hatch.
- Installation of 14" IPS Fusion Welded HDPE to be pulled across Highway 12 via existing 18"CMP. Existing CMP to act as a conduit to the ground water force main.
- Connection of valve vault piping 14" IPS Fusion Welded HDPE.
- Installation 12" C-900 ground water force main along the West side of Highway 12 to the first drop basin located in the Northeast corner of Timbuck II's gravel parking lot
- All site work, yard piping, structural, electrical and instrumentation work associated with the aforementioned improvements.
Call or email to obtain plans or direct questions to:
Eric T. Weatherly, PE
This will be an informal bid. Bids will be publically opened and read aloud. The bids will be evaluated and contract will be awarded in accordance with the statutory requirements. All bidders must meet the licensing requirements under Chapter 87 of the N.C. General Statues. Small Business Entities, Women Owned Businesses and Minority Owned Businesses are encouraged to submit bids.
The County reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to accept such bids as appears in its judgment to be in the best interest of the County. The County reserves the right to waive any informality.