What You Should Do To Prepare For A HurricanePre-storm Readiness Tips
- Finalize an Evacuation Plan with your family.
- Know proper Evacuation Routes.
- Exchange emergency contact information with family and friends.
- Make sure you have the proper insurance for your home and property.
- Store important documents in water-tight containers.
- Document items in your home with photos video.
- Secure your home and property. Store all loose items, cover doors and windows with plywood, secure or garage automobiles and trailer boats.
- Make sure generators are in working order and have an adequate supply of gasoline.
- Be aware of areas susceptible to flooding that may block an evacuation route.
- Fuel vehicles well ahead of a possible evacuation.
- Listen to weather updates and watch for possible evacuation orders.
- Prepare an Evacuation Kit
A good evacuation kit should include items such as water, food, flashlights, batteries, radio, cash, clothing, medical supplies, medicines, pet supplies and personal necessities. Include enough supplies to last at least three (3) days. Check expiration dates on all food and medicine.
Indicates that storm conditions are possible within 48 hours.
Shows that storm conditions are expected in the area within 36 hours.
Source For Storm Advisories & Information