The Planning and Zoning Division functions within a general policy framework developed by the Board of Commissioners. The division assists in establishing County development objectives, prepares plans which incorporate those objectives, and coordinates development activities affecting County growth. The Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for administering and enforcing the Unified Development Ordinance and updating the Land Use Plan.
Responsibilities of the Planning & Zoning Division
- Administers land use, environmental, and development regulations;
- Provides technical assistance to governmental agencies, advisory groups, and private citizens;
- Processes applications for developments;
- Coordinates appeals and interpretations to the Board of Adjustment and serves as the primary liaison to the Planning Board;
- Increases public awareness of planning.