The candidate filing period for the 2018 elections will begin on Feb. 12, at 12:00 p.m., and will continue until Feb. 28 at 12:00 p.m. Candidates must file for election at the Currituck Board of Elections office, located at 2811 Caratoke Hwy., Currituck, NC 27929.
This is also an excellent time for all county residents to ensure that their voter registration information is correct and up-to-date.
Several local offices will be up for election in 2018. These include:
- Board of Commissioners, At-Large seat
- Board of Commissioners, District 3
- Board of Commissioners, District 5
- Clerk of Superior Court
- Board of Education, At-Large seat
- Board of Education, Crawford Township
- Board of Education, Poplar Branch Township
- Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor
The Primary Election is scheduled for May 8 and the General Election is scheduled for Nov. 6. Anyone with questions regarding candidate filing, voter registration, or other election matters may call the Currituck Board of Elections office at 252-232-2525.