The Currituck Board of Elections approved the One-Stop schedule for the Primary Election. One-Stop early voting will begin on April 19 and continue until May 5. During this timeframe, voters may opt to cast ballots for the Primary Election at the Board of Elections office.
One-Stop Voting Hours:
- April 19 – May 2, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3 and Friday, May 4: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Registered voters who do not cast ballots during the One-Stop period may vote on May 8 at their assigned polling precinct. All precincts will be open on May 8 from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Anyone with questions may call the Currituck Board of Elections at 252-232-2525.
Primary Election Sample Ballots:
- March 19: Absentee voting by mail begins
- April 13: Voter registration deadline at 5:00 p.m.
- April 19: First day of One-Stop early voting
- May 1: Final day to request an absentee ballot by mail
- May 5: Final day of One-Stop early voting
- May 8: Primary Election Day; Final day to return an absentee ballot by mail
- May 11: County Canvass
Candidate Detail Lists:
- Candidate List – Includes the Currituck County Board of Commissioners, Currituck County Sheriff, Clerk of Superior Court, District Attorney, N.C. General Assembly, and U.S. Congress.
- Currituck County Board of Education
Several local offices are for election in 2018, including
- Board of Commissioners, At-Large seat
- Board of Commissioners, District 3
- Board of Commissioners, District 5
- Clerk of Superior Court
- Board of Education, At-Large seat
- Board of Education, Crawford Township
- Board of Education, Poplar Branch Township
- Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor
Also, the North Carolina State Board of Elections issued the UOCAVA Election Notice for the Primary Election, which is scheduled for May 8, 2018.