Request a copy of the 2011 Hurricane Safety Guide
Currituck County's new 2011 Hurricane Safety Guide is full of important information you should know before, during and after a storm.
The brochure includes details on:
- what the phrases 'watch' and 'warning' mean
- pre-storm preparation tips for homes and property
- what should go into a good evacuation safety kit
- why evacuations are ordered and the best evacuation routes
- where to get storm information
- what you need to know about re-entry into the Currituck Outer Banks after the storm
- tips on damage assessment and post-storm recovery
Whether you are downloading your copy or requesting one to be mailed, make sure to get your copy today.
For more information contact the Emergency Management office at 252-232-2115.