National Flood Insurance Program Technical Bulletins
New bulletins, as well as updates of existing bulletins, are issued periodically as needed. The bulletins do not create regulations, rather they provide specific guidance for complying with the minimum requirements of existing NFIP regulations.
- Technical Bulletin 1: Openings in Foundation Walls and Walls of Enclosures (2008)
- Technical Bulletin 2: Flood Damage-Resistant Materials Requirements (2008)
Technical Bulletin 3: Non-Residential Floodproofing - Requirements and Certification (1993)
Technical Bulletin 3 provides guidance on the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) regulations concerning watertight construction and the required certification for floodproofed non-residential buildings in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH whose lowest floors are below the Base Flood Elevation.
- Technical Bulletin 4: Elevator Installation (2010)
- Technical Bulletin 5: Free-of-Obstruction Requirements (2008)
Technical Bulletin 8: Corrosion Protection of Metal Connectors in Coastal Areas (1996)
Technical Bulletin 8 provides guidance on the need for, selection of, and use of corrosion-resistant metal connectors for the construction of buildings in coastal areas.
- Technical Bulletin 9: Design and Construction Guidance for Breakaway Walls Below Elevated Coastal Buildings (2008)
Technical Bulletin 10: Ensuring that Structures Built on Fill In or Near Special Flood Hazard Areas are Reasonably Safe From Flooding (2001)
Technical Bulletin 10 discusses building techniques, including the use of fill, that can be used to ensure structures are reasonably safe from flooding.
- Technical Bulletin 11: Crawlspace Construction for Buildings Located in Special Flood Hazard Areas (2001)