Code Violations & Compliance

Do you have a concern about an overgrown lot, abandoned vehicles or any other potential safety hazard? If so, please fill out the Citizen Complaint form or contact our office at 252-232-6027.

Check out these examples of common ordinance violations.

Common Violations Reported

  • Unlicensed vehicles on the property
  • Overgrown lots
  • Furniture or other household items in yard
  • Signs in the right-of-way