Currituck County Currituck County Image

How to Apply for Water Service


Property owners or their builders should contact the Building Inspections Department at the Currituck County Outer Banks Satellite Office in Corolla at
(252) 453-8555 to arrange for payment of impact fees and the issuance of a connection permit.


New owners wishing to transfer service into their name should contact the Currituck County Water Department at (252) 232-2769, ext. 4034. Please have the following information ready when you call:

  • Property address (911 house number and street)
  • Name(s) as you wish to be billed
  • Billing address
  • Home and office telephone numbers
  • Social security number(s)

Allow three business days for an existing service to be transferred into your name.



Valid Lease or Rental Agreement
If you do not have an extra copy, bring your original, and office personnel will make a copy for our records. If you do not have a formal lease or rental agreement, your landlord must provide us with a written statement authorizing you to transfer the water account into your name.

Photo ID
A valid driver’s license or other positive photo identification must be presented. If you are moving to North Carolina from another state, your current state driver’s license is acceptable.

Renter Deposit
All renters are required to post a minimum $150.00 deposit. This deposit is refundable after twelve consecutive on-time bill payments. If you close your account prior to the first twelve months, or if your deposit is retained due to late payments, the deposit is applied against your final bill. Any remaining credit will be refunded by check.

Deposits may be increased if the applicant has prior unpaid bills, has previously had collection action taken for a prior unpaid account, or has demonstrated other risk factors including meter tampering.

Allow three business days for an existing service to be transferred into your name. IMPORTANT: Renters must appear in person to present documents and identification and complete the renter application. You may not delegate this responsibility to another person.